The Medical Innovation Summit, October 22-24, brings together thought leaders and their passion about healthcare. And it is our goal to not only connect these individuals but to celebrate the innovation that is happening here and around the world. Discussions are curated with the goal of igniting the disruption our patients need now. The MIS2018 agenda is filled with lively panel discussions, enlightening keynotes, and world-class networking.
Check out the 10 reasons not to miss at the 2018 Medical Innovation Summit.
- Keynote by John Boehner (R) Former Speaker of the US House of Representatives In this worldwide period of political chaos, people are wondering what exactly the government’s role in healthcare is. In this keynote address, former Speaker of the House John Boehner will discuss Predictions for Healthcare Politics and Policy. Moderated by our CEO, Dr. Tom Mihaljevic.
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, MD, Author, American Sickness In this fire-side-chat, Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal and Joe Cunningham, MD Managing Director, Sante Ventures, will discuss why disruption is needed now, more than ever and set the stage for the rest of the Summit.
- Moderated Keynote with Judy Faulkner In this “fireside chat,” moderated by our CEO Dr. Tom Mihaljevic, one of healthcare’s greatest innovators will speak to the culture, management, and innovation of one of the largest and most successful healthcare software companies.
- Rapid Pitch Competition powered by Cleveland clinic, HIMSS, HealthXL, Jumpstart, Plug and Play Hear from 40+ of the most exciting companies in 5 minute rapid pitches in this Monday morning pre-Summit session. This session will also feature a special presentation on Northeast Ohio and the biomedical ecosystem hosted by Solomon Wilcot.
- Women in Health Tech Join us for an exciting morning with our Women in Health Tech track. We will be discussing why women in leadership just makes business sense, diversity & inclusion and why diverse perspectives matter, and a keynote from a prominent female business leader.
- Innovations without Borders, Disruption without Borders Healthcare is universal in nature and the desire to perfect the system can be stopped by no national boarder. Meet the innovators from around the world as they discuss healthcare on their own fronts and inspire you with their thoughts and suggestions for the disruption of healthcare on a global scale.Steve Atkins, CEO and Managing Director, Healthe Care Australia & SVP, Luye Medical GroupBrian Donley, MD, CEO, Cleveland Clinic LondonWilliam Peacock, Chief of Operations, Cleveland ClinicPäivi Sillanaukee, MD, PhD, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Investment Forum Delve deeper into the world of healthcare investment with our multifaceted brass track. Digital transformation is driving innovative solutions that seek to improve outcomes, lower costs, and optimize the care experience for both patients and caregivers. Learn how entrepreneurs, investors and health system leaders are working together to address some of healthcare’s greatest opportunities for disruption.
- A Face Restored – A Life Transformed. On Wednesday morning our face transplant patient, Katie and her family will speak in the session, "A Face Restored. A Life Transformed." Dr. Papay will moderate the session and include key members of the caregiver team as well as members who participated in the research, ethics and other critical aspects of the procedure.
- Networking at House of Blues On Tuesday evening, we have a rockin' evening planned at the House of Blues on October 23 with the Side Deal, featuring Grammy winning artists from Train, Sugar Ray and PawnShop Kings, with a guest performance by Jerry Harrison of the Talking Heads.
- Top 10 Medical Innovations for 2019 Join us as we reveal the ten most promising innovations set to have a clinical impact with a high probability of commercial success in the next year. View the Top 10 list for 2018 here.